“Health is a complete state of physical, mental, spiritual and social wellbeing, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” (World Health Organisation)
The social model of health underpins all of the activities at WOMEN’S Healthworks. We acknowledge and understand that biological, gender, social, economic, cultural, spiritual, political and environmental factors impact on women’s health and well being and their ability to access services.
WOMEN’S Healthworks embraces diversity, values each woman’s unique talents, skills, wisdom and lived experience and the contribution that women make to families and communities.
- Our services value building community and professional capacity through:
- addressing issues of equity and access;
- providing appropriate primary health care;
- consulting with all stakeholders;
- implementing community development processes;
- consulting, leading and advocating;
- adopting preventative health measures; and
- raising awareness and building knowledge through health promotion and education.